Wednesday, June 14, 2006

And the artworld saddens. Hildebrant, Tim

One of the greats,
One of the fantasy muses,

One of my personal art heores,

Master illustrator and imagineer.


Tim Hildebrant

June 11th 2006.


He got me started into what Ido.
Though I loved reading fantasy/sci-fi books and was always awed by the art on the covers - The Hildebrant brothers often came out with small shorts or how they did they're work. It gave me an insights into what I came to love as a lifelong expression. They (Hildebrant brothers) made me feel like I could do those wonderful things as well. Bring magic alive like those images could evoke. I
could do it too.

I know, I should update these blogs more - and probably with stuff that may or may not happen. Stuff like joining what-nots and so-no
ts competitions and trying out for thatrecial acting. But yes, its something as shattering as this thats gets me posting. Funny aint it.

I think he's gone, but when I look around my room and see his wonderful work and art, perhaps he's never really leave. B
ut yea, I'm fucking sad too.
Shit!
I'm almost crying but I cant coz I leave for work soon. But I'm bloody sure he'll always be dear and great - to me and everyone else in his highest esteem (peers and fans alike). 47 years ... I should
be so lucky to be able to follow in his stead one day.

Thank you.



Hildebrant works: (stuff like 70s Tolkien art, the original Star Wars posters, etc).
(All following are the property and works of Hildebrant Brothers, I'm just showing the world what they did for those who loved them
and those yet to discover their magic)